Business Development Executive
To help event organisers & content creators worldwide earn money and deliver unforgettable experiences to their fans.
WHY WE DO IT
We are a group of event organisers and web developers that formed Citizen Ticket in 2013 to respond to the numerous problems we saw within the event ticketing industry.
We believed that ticketing could be turned into a force for good, and today we are proud to deliver an ethical service that gives something back.
From every ticket sold on Citizen Ticket, we contribute 5p to planting a tree to create a sustainable future for our planet.
WHO WE ARE
Citizen Ticket is a self-service event ticketing platform that provides online payments and ticket management tools to thousands of events organisers throughout the UK.
Citizen Ticket is expanding across the UK, this growth includes working with large events, challenging ticketing incumbents and constantly innovating, this exciting journey comes with many challenges and requires the right people to help deliver our mission.
We have a team of highly talented and driven individuals, with a strong and growing team culture. The current team consists of 13 people in total (including founders) and intends on growing to 16 in the next 6 months.
A fantastic opportunity for an ambitious sales person looking to further their career in the events industry. You will be responsible for researching new leads, and being the first point of contact for potential new clients.
- Generate sales leads through independent research and prioritisation, with a focus on the events industry
- Identify potential client needs and how Citizen Ticket matches, or exceeds their business needs.
- CRM management, working on Freshsales, updating and adding accounts.
- Through cold calling, email and linkedin, be our first point of contact to potential new clients
- Be in charge of the first stages of the sales cycle (qualifying leads & scheduling demos)
- At first, leading demo’s with smaller clients, to then managing larger enterprise clients
- Create comprehensive handover sheets for Senior Business Development Manager
THE SKILL SET
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to sell Citizen Ticket as a key partner to potential new clients.
- Hard worker, self driven and won't’ take no for an answer
- Willingness to learn on the job
- Thick skinned, able to receive feedback
- Potential to close deals
- 1+ year in a previous role
- Strong desire to build something and to work in an innovative, dynamic company and make an ethical change
- Must be a self starter, able to motivate and manage themselves
- Polite, well-mannered and highly presentable.
- Previous experience in ticketing / event industry
- Previous experience in Business Development / Customer service
Job Type: Full Time
Hours: 40 hours per week
Pay: £25,000 to £30,000 per annum depending on experience
Commission: Competitive commision structure
Location: Hybrid (remote and office)
Offices: Edinburgh / London