To help event organisers & content creators worldwide earn money and deliver unforgettable experiences to their fans.
WHY WE DO IT
We are a group of event organisers and web developers that formed Citizen Ticket in 2013 to respond to the numerous problems we saw within the event ticketing industry.
We believed that ticketing could be turned into a force for good, and today we are proud to deliver an ethical service that gives something back.
From every ticket sold on Citizen Ticket, we contribute 5p to planting a tree to create a sustainable future for our planet.
WHO WE ARE
Citizen Ticket is a self-service event ticketing platform, that provides online payments and ticket management tools to thousands of event organisers throughout the UK.
Citizen Ticket is expanding across the UK, this growth includes working with large events, challenging ticketing incumbents and constantly innovating, this exciting journey comes with many challenges and requires the right people to help deliver our mission.
We have a team of highly talented and driven individuals, with a strong and growing team culture. The current team consists of 10 people in total (including founders) and intends on growing to 15 in the next 6 months.
The PHP developer will be responsible for implementing planned code. They should live and breathe PHP, understanding it is clearly the superior language for building robust applications for the web. They should also practise TDD.
THE SKILL SET
- Experience working for PHP frameworks of different shapes and sizes, including bespoke frameworks
- Experience working with large MySQL databases.
- Minimum 3+ years programming experience
- Experience with using Git (Gitlab experience a plus)
- Must be a self-starter, able to motivate and manage themselves effectively.
- Strong desire to build something and to work in an innovative, dynamic and fast paced company
- Polite, well mannered, excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Writing unit tests for their code
- Writing clean, readable code
- Designing database table schemas
- Identifying potential problems and working towards solutions.
- Understanding the existing code base
- Accurately predicting timeframes for scoped tasks
- Working effectively with the UX developer and QA
- Working with Gitlab to manage issues, tasks and merge requests, as well as communicating with the team
- Planning, discussing and enacting sprints
- Level 2 Support rotation, for learning how the platform is used by our clients day-to-day, diagnosing reported problems and responding to our customer support team
- Writing new and maintaining existing cypress behavioural tests
- Contributing to development team culture by sharing knowledge, hosting occasional presentations and workshops
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Hours:||40 hours per week|
|Pay:||£40,000 to £50,000 per annum depending on experience|
|Location:||Hybrid (remote and office) but will remain fully remote during COVID|
|Office:||Wingate Business Exchange, SW4 0AF|
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ‐ No agencies.