To help event organisers & content creators worldwide earn money and deliver unforgettable experiences to their fans.
WHY WE DO IT
We are a group of event organisers and web developers that formed Citizen Ticket in 2013 to respond to the numerous problems we saw within the event ticketing industry.
We believed that ticketing could be turned into a force for good, and today we are proud to deliver an ethical service that gives something back.
From every ticket sold on Citizen Ticket, we contribute 5p to planting a tree to create a sustainable future for our planet.
WHO WE ARE
Citizen Ticket is a self-service event ticketing platform, that provides online payments and ticket management tools to thousands of event organisers throughout the UK.
Citizen Ticket is expanding across the UK, this growth includes working with large events, challenging ticketing incumbents and constantly innovating, this exciting journey comes with many challenges and requires the right people to help deliver our mission.
We have a team of highly talented and driven individuals, with a strong and growing team culture. The current team consists of 12 people in total (including founders) and intends on growing to 15 in the next 6 months.
The PHP developer will be responsible for implementing planned code. They should live and breathe PHP, understanding it is clearly the superior language for building robust applications for the web.
We are looking for an experienced or senior PHP developer to join our existing platform development team.
Regardless of experience, the succesful candidate will be expected to grow their skillset on the job. We are a diverse team that encourages learning from, and teaching one another.
THE SKILL SET
- Experience working for PHP frameworks of different shapes and sizes, including bespoke frameworks
- Experience working with large MySQL databases.
- Minimum 1+ years PHP programming experience
- Experience with using Git (Gitlab,or GitHub experience a plus)
- A self-starter, able to motivate and manage themselves effectively.
- Strong desire to build something and to work in an innovative, dynamic and fast paced company
- Polite, well mannered, excellent written and verbal communication skills
Depending on experience, PHP developer will be expected to:
- Write clean, readable code, to our code style guide
- Review others' code
- Design database table schemas
- Create functionality to match designs
- Accurately predict timeframes for scoped tasks
- Debug existing code
- Write tests
- Planned refactoring parts of the code base
- Work effectively with the UX developer and QA, and other members of the team
We enjoy working together as a high-functioning engineering team. As a member of the team, the candidate will be expected to:
- Work within Gitlab to manage issues, tasks and merge requests
- Proactively communicate with the team
- Plan, discuss, acheive, and retro sprints
- Join Level 2 Support rotation, for learning how the platform is used by our clients day-to-day, diagnosing reported problems and responding to our customer support team
- Contribute to development team culture by sharing knowledge, hosting occasional presentations and workshops
|Job Type:||Full Time|
|Hours:||40 hours per week|
|Pay:||£35,000 to £50,000 per annum depending on experience|
|Benefits Available:||Flexible hours
Remote & Office working flexibility
On-site client event experience
Seasonal company parties
|Location:|| We have two Office Locations, in Edinburgh and London.
We operate a remote-first culture, however we encourage time in the office.
|Office:||London: Clapham Old Town
To apply please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org ‐ No agencies.