Citizen Ticket Ltd is a company incorporated in Scotland (company number: SC454982) with the registered office at 63 Dublin Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6NS, trading as citizenticket.co.uk ("we", "us", "our"). In most cases CitizenTicket acts as an agent selling tickets on behalf of third party event providers ("Event Providers"). In the event that CitizenTicket is selling tickets for its own events, all references to an Event Provider will refer to CitizenTicket. The following terms and conditions both govern the use of the CitizenTicket website and app ("Site") and apply to any purchases you make from CitizenTicket (collectively the "Terms"). By using or visiting our Site, you expressly agree to be bound by these Terms and all applicable laws and regulations governing the Site. CitizenTicket reserve the right to change these Terms at any time, effective immediately upon posting on the Site. Any amendment to these terms shall not apply to any orders for which we have already received payment. Where you have provided us with an email address during the purchase of any tickets, we will notify you of the changes to these Terms by sending a copy to the email address you provided when purchased tickets on our site. The new Terms will also be posted to the Site. Your use of the Site and any purchases you make from the Site will be subject to the most current version of these Terms at the time of such use or purchase. If you violate these Terms, CitizenTicket may terminate your use of the Site, bar you from future use of the Site, cancel your order, and/or take appropriate legal action against you.
- CITIZENTICKET PURCHASE POLICY
- In order to place an order through the Site, you confirm that:
(a) You are at least 16 years old;
(b) You have capacity to enter into a contract for the purchase of tickets; and
(c) You are ordering through the Site as a personal user and not for commercial or business purposes.
- Any purchase from CitizenTicket is subject to:
(a) These Terms;
(b) Any terms and conditions stated to be applicable by the Event Provider; and
(c) Any terms and conditions applicable to the event or venue for which the tickets have been purchased.
- Your contract for purchase starts once we have confirmed your order, and ends immediately after completion of the event for which you have purchased ticket(s).
- All purchases are subject to credit or debit card verification (if applicable), other security checks, blockchain verification, and collection of payment by CitizenTicket (or our third party payment providers, SagePay). Your order may be cancelled if it has not passed our verification process or if payment, including any applicable fees, is not received in full.
- It is prohibited to obtain or attempt to obtain any tickets through unauthorised use of any robot, spider or other automated device or software, or any other illegal or unauthorised activity including but not limited to chargebacks.
- We reserve the right to cancel any order(s) that we reasonably suspect to have been made fraudulently or otherwise in breach of these Terms. Cancellation may be without notice to you. Any and all tickets(s) obtained as part of any such cancelled order(s) will be void.
- To prevent fraud and protect CitizenTicket and its Event Providers, we reserve the right to carry out checks and/or request that additional information be provided in order to verify purchases. In accordance with clause 2.1.6, we may cancel orders which we reasonably suspect to have been made fraudulently.
- In order to place an order through the Site, you confirm that:
- Prices and Payment
- The ticket prices are quoted on the Site are set by the Event Providers and may be inclusive or exclusive of VAT depending on the arrangement with the Event Providers, but may be exclusive of delivery costs, booking fees, and/or other administration costs. Any additional fees or costs will be brought to your attention prior to purchase and added to the total cost payable prior to payment being taken.
- Whilst we try to ensure that all advertised prices are accurate, errors may occur. If we
discover an error in the price of any ticket that you have purchased, we will inform you as soon
as possible and give you the option of:
(a) confirming your order at the correct price (in which case we will credit or debit the card you used to make the initial purchase as applicable); or
(b) cancelling your order (in which case you will receive a full refund).
If we are unable to contact you, on the contact details you provided when placing your order, to confirm your order at the correct price, you agree that we may treat the order as cancelled and issue you with a full refund.
- We use SagePay to collect and process credit card and debit card transaction information, and their security policy can be found here.
- Payment for ticket(s) purchased on the Site may be by debit or credit card as fulfilled by SagePay.
- Any tickets purchased will be at your risk from the time of deemed receipt of the order confirmation as set out in clause 2.1.3.
- Any ticket you purchase from us remains the property of the relevant Event Provider and is a personal revocable licence which may be withdrawn and admission refused at any time. If this occurs, refunds will only be issued according to the provisions set out in these Terms at clause 2.5.
- It is your responsibility to check your tickets prior to purchase and once they have been delivered; mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- Where your tickets are for allocated seats, you have the right only to seats of a value corresponding to that stated on the ticket. We on behalf of the relevant Event Provider or venue reserve the right (whether before or during the event) to provide alternative seats to those initially allocated to you or specified on the tickets.
- Availability and Delivery
- Tickets will be issued in the form of eTickets containing a QR Code that may be scanned for entry at the event.
- The number of tickets that may be purchased may be restricted to a maximum amount per person, per payment card, or by household. We reserve the right to cancel tickets without prior notice purchased in excess of the maximum amount. Should the tickets be cancelled, a full refund will be issued.
- Refunds and Cancellation Policy
- Tickets cannot be transferred, exchanged or refunded once purchased other than for the reasons set out in these Terms. Tickets purchased for third party events
- For tickets purchased
when CitizenTicket acts as agent for third party Event Providers:
(a) Customers are referred to the refunds and cancellation policy as set out in the Event Providers' own terms and conditions.
(b) CitizenTicket will not offer customers refunds purchased via the Site unless authorised to so by the relevant Event Provider. If a customer disputes the Event Provider's decision to not issue a refund or the amount of a refund, the customer should contact the Event Provider directly.
(c) If the Event Provider decides to cancel or postpone an event prior to the event date, upon receiving the written authorisation of the Event Provider, CitizenTicket will process customers' refunds within 14 days of receiving the instructions from the Event Provider to do so. If Citizen Ticket has not been at fault refunds will not include the booking fee.
(d) In the event the Event Provider refuses entry to the event to any customer, the Event Provider will have the sole discretion as to whether any refund shall be issued.
- For tickets purchased where CitizenTicket is the Event Provider:
(a) If an event is cancelled, ticket holders will be offered tickets at any rescheduled event (subject to availability) up to the face value of the tickets. If the ticket holder is unable to attend the rescheduled event or the event is not rescheduled, the ticket holder will be entitled to a refund if the ticket holder notifies us in writing as per clauses 2.5.5 and 4.3.
(b) If an event for which you have purchased tickets is "materially altered" as defined below, other than a rescheduling, you may choose to cancel your order by notifying us in writing as per clause 2.5.3(d). Failure to inform us in writing within the deadline specified by us that you wish to cancel your order will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for the tickets for the altered event, and you will not be entitled to a refund.
(c) For the purposes of these Terms, a Material Alteration is a change which in CitizenTicket's reasonable opinion, makes the event materially different to the event that purchasers of the tickets, taken generally, could reasonably expect. In particular, the following are not deemed to be Material Alterations:
(i) The use of understudies in theatre performances;
(ii) Adverse weather conditions;
(iii) Changes of any supporting act;
(iv) Changes to the event location where this is within the reasonable vicinity of the initial location;
(v) Changes to individual members of a band;
(vi) Changes to the line-up of any multi-performer event (e.g. a festival);
(vii) Curtailment of the event where the majority of an event is performed in full; and
(viii) Delays to the start of an event.
(d) All requests for refunds must be made via the Site or in writing to CitizenTicket at firstname.lastname@example.org as per clause 4.3 no later than 7 days after the date of the cancelled event or the date the ticket holder was notified that the event was to be rescheduled or Materially Altered.
- In the event a refund is being issued due to an error by CitizenTicket, the refund amount will normally include the sale price of the ticket(s) purchased, as well as, booking fee and any other charges. If a refund is being issued for any other reason, the refund amount will be for the sale price of the ticket(s) purchased and may exclude the booking fee and any other charges.
- Refunds will only be issued to the original purchaser and to the original payment method.
- Permitted Use
- You may not use the Site in any improper or unlawful manner or in breach of any legislation or licence that applies to you or in any way that is fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- You agree that you are only authorised to visit, view and to retain a copy of pages of the Site for your own personal use.
- You agree that you will not duplicate, download, publish, modify, or otherwise distribute the material on the Site for any purpose other than to review event and promotional information, for personal use, or to purchase tickets(s) for your personal use, unless otherwise specifically authorised by CitizenTicket to do so.
- You agree not to use software or any other methods, other than recording in manual form, to harvest information from the Site.
- We do not promise that the Site or any material on it will be uninterrupted or virus, error, omission or bug free or that defects will be corrected.
- Our liability for damages arising from the use of the Site will be limited as per clause 4.1.
- Notwithstanding the general disclaimer of 3.2.2, we also accept no liability for:
(a) tickets purchased from the Site for events organised by Event Providers that are deemed to not be of satisfactory quality;
(b) the products, services, actions or failure to act of any venue, performer, promoter, Event Provider or any other third party; and
(c) the cancellation or suspension of any event for which tickets have been purchased through CitizenTicket and refunds will be subject to the provisions in clause 2.5.
- Clause 3.2.3 does not affect your statutory and contractual rights against the Event Provider.
- Intellectual Property
- All content and software on the Site ("IP Rights") are the property of CitizenTicket and/or its Event Providers and are protected by UK and international intellectual property laws.
- You may view, download and print any materials and information made available to you through the
Site subject to the following conditions:
(a) The material and information may only be used for your personal and non-commercial purposes;
(b) The material and information shall not be reproduced or included in any other work or publication in any medium;
(c) The material and information may not be modified in any way;
(d) The material and information may not be distributed or sold to any third party; and
(e) You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in the material or the information.
- Links to and from other websites
- The Site may contain links to websites and microsites operated by third parties that are not under CitizenTicket's control and are provided for your convenience only.
- CitizenTicket cannot guarantee, represent or warrant that the content contained in the sites is accurate, legal and/or inoffensive.
- CitizenTicket does not endorse the content of any third party site, nor do we warrant that the sites will not contain viruses or otherwise impact upon your computer.
- By connecting to a third party site from the Site, you agree and understand that you may not make any claim against CitizenTicket for any damages or losses, whatsoever, resulting from your use of the Site.
- If you have a problem with a link from the Site, please notify CitizenTicket in writing to as per clause 4.3. You may link to the home page of our Site, provided you do so in such a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
- You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
- You must not establish a link to our Site in any website that is not owned by you.
- We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
- User Generated Contributions
- The Site may invite you to chat, contribute to, or participate in blogs, message boards, online forums, and other functionality, and may provide you with the opportunity to create, submit, post, display, transmit, perform, publish, distribute, or broadcast content and materials to us or on the Site, including but not limited to text, writings, video, audio, photographs, graphics, comments, suggestions, or personal information or other material (collectively, “Contributions”).
- Contributions may be viewable by other users of the Site and through third-party websites. As
such, any Contributions
you transmit may be treated as non-confidential and non-proprietary. When you create or make
Contributions, you thereby represent and warrant that:
- The creation, distribution, transmission, public display, or performance, and the accessing, downloading, or copying of your Contributions do not and will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, or moral rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions are not false, inaccurate, or misleading.
- Your Contributions are not unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, pyramid schemes, chain letters, spam, mass mailings, or other forms of solicitation.
- Your Contributions are not obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy, violent, harassing, libelous, slanderous, or otherwise objectionable (as determined by us).
- Your Contributions do not ridicule, mock, disparage, intimidate, or abuse anyone.
- Your Contributions do not advocate the violent overthrow of any government or incite, encourage, or threaten physical harm against another.
- Your Contributions do not violate any applicable law, regulation, or rule.
- Your Contributions do not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party.
- Your Contributions do not contain any material that solicits personal information from anyone under the age of 18 or exploits people under the age of 18 in a sexual or violent manner.
- Your Contributions do not violate any law concerning child pornography, or otherwise intended to protect the health or well-being of minors;
- Your Contributions do not include any offensive comments that are connected to race, national origin, gender, sexual preference, gender, or disability.
- Permitted Use
- Limitation of Liability
- Neither CitizenTicket nor our relevant Event Provider will be liable for any loss, injury or
damage to any person (including you) or property howsoever caused (including by us and/or by the
Event Provider) in relation to your use of this Site and in relation to purchase(s) from this
(a) In any circumstance where there is no breach of contract or a legal duty of care owed by us or the Event Provider;
(b) In circumstances where such loss or damage is not directly as a result of such breach (save for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence); or
(c) To the extent that any increase in any loss or damage results from your negligence or breach by you of these Terms and/or any terms and conditions of the Event Provider.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, neither we, nor our relevant Event Provider, shall be
liable for any of the following types of loss or damage even if, in each case, we have been
advised of the possibility of such loss or damage:
(a) Special, indirect, or consequential losses;
(b) Pure economic loss, costs, damages or charges;
(c) Loss of profits;
(d) Loss of revenue;
(e) Loss of contracts;
(f) Loss of anticipated savings;
(g) Loss of business;
(h) Loss of use;
(i) Loss of goodwill; and
(j) Loss of damage arising from loss, damage, or corruption of any data.
- In accordance with clause 4.1.2, please note that: (a) Personal arrangements including travel,
accommodation, hospitality, and other costs and expenses incurred by you relating to an event
for which tickets have been purchased from the Site which have been arranged by you are at your
own risk, and neither we nor the relevant Event Providers shall be responsible or liable to you
for any wasted expenditure, including where an event has been cancelled, rescheduled, or
otherwise altered; and
(b) Neither we nor our relevant Event Providers shall be responsible or liable to you for any loss of enjoyment or amenity, including where an event has been cancelled, rescheduled or otherwise altered.
- Unless otherwise stated in this clause 4.1, our and our Event Providers' liability to you in connection with the ticket(s) you have purchased will be limited to the price paid by you for that ticket.
- Nothing in these Terms seeks to exclude liability or limit our or any Event Providers' liability for death or personal injury caused by our or any Event Providers' negligence, fraud, or other type of liability which cannot by law be excluded or limited.
- Neither CitizenTicket nor our relevant Event Provider will be liable for any loss, injury or damage to any person (including you) or property howsoever caused (including by us and/or by the Event Provider) in relation to your use of this Site and in relation to purchase(s) from this Site:
- Transfer of rights and obligations
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under these Terms to another organisation. We will always tell you in writing if this happens and we will ensure that the transfer will not affect your rights under the contract.
- You need our consent in writing to transfer, assign, charge, or otherwise dispose of your rights and obligations under these Terms to someone else.
- All notices given by you to us must be given to CitizenTicket in writing at email@example.com or via the Site.
- Notice will be deemed received immediately when posted on our website, 24 hours after an email is sent or three days after the date of posting of any letter.
- Even if we delay in enforcing the contract, we can still enforce it later. If we do not insist immediately that you do anything you are required to do under these Terms, or if we delay in taking steps against you in respect of you breaching these Terms, that will not mean that you do not have to do those things and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
- A waiver by us of any default will not constitute a waiver of any subsequent default.
- No waiver by us of any of these Terms will be effective unless it is expressly stated to be a waiver and is communicated to you in accordance with clause 4.3.
- Governing Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms are subject to the laws of England and Wales and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with them or their subject matter of formation (including non-contractual disputes or claims), shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law, and the parties irrevocably submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- Limitation of Liability