Last updated: 17th July 2018.
- We are the Controller in respect of your personal data.
Our full name: Citizen Ticket Limited
Our contact details: 63 Dublin Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6NS
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This Notice (together with our terms and conditions and any other documents referred to) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
- We are collecting your personal data for the following purpose(s):
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide you with the information, tickets and services that you requested from us;
- to provide you with information about other events on offer that are similar to the event to which you have already purchased tickets for or events you have enquired about;
- to provide you with information about events we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (email) with information about events similar to those which you have purchased tickets for. If you are a new customer, we will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data;
- to notify you about changes to our site; and
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Personal data we collect:
- Information you give to us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms on our site www.citizenticket.co.uk (our site) or by corresponding with us by email or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you create an account, purchase tickets or submit information on our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, email address and phone number, financial and credit card information, social media handles and personal description.
- Information we collect about you. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may also work closely with third parties (such as, for example, event organisers, sub-contractors and service providers in technical, payment and back-up and data storage services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
- First-party cookies - These distinguish you from other users, giving you the best experience of the Citizen Ticket website, and also allow us to improve the site.
- Third-party cookies - Let us know how users interact with the site, and allow Citizen Ticket and event organisers using Citizen Ticket's platform to show you adverts that may be relevant to you and your interests.
- The legal basis for processing your personal data:
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are a party;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject; and
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by us.
- The legitimate interests referred to at paragraph 5.3 above are:
- processing for direct marketing purposes;
- processing for the purposes of preventing fraud; and
- processing for the purposes of ensuring network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to electronic communications networks and malicious code distribution and stopping 'denial of service' attacks and damage to computer and electronic communication systems.
- The recipients or categories of recipients of your personal data are:
- business partners, event organisers, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- the prospective seller or buyer of any business or assets in the event that we sell or buy any such business or assets;
- the buyer in the event that Citizen Ticket or substantially all of its assets are acquired by such buyer; and
- other third parties in the event that we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions, including exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit reduction.
- We do not propose to transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
- The personal data will be stored for a minimum period of two years. If after the end of the two year period you have a dormant account we will delete your data. However, if you continue to have an active account on our site we will continue to store your personal data until your account remains dormant for two years.
- You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of personal data or to restriction of processing concerning you or to object to our processing of the data as well as the right to data portability. You can do this on our site via the account settings. Here you can click to download or delete all the data we hold on you.
- If we are relying on your consent to process data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by notice to us.
- You have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner's Office about the manner in which or otherwise in respect of the manner in which we process your personal data.
- Your provision of personal data to us as described in paragraph 3.1 is a contractual requirement. If you do not supply your personal data to us, we would be unable to provide you with information, tickets and services that you request from us.